twitter
rss

Raise your hand if you like interruptions to your plans? As a reforming planner, I can definitely say I can tolerate interruptions a lot better. God has spent the year breaking me of my planner heart. It has been hard because I love that part of education- writing out lesson plans and schedules and then checking the activities and schedule off as needed.

Today God reminded me that is in control of it all, including my classroom. Our principal reminded us of that at morning devotion and then God decided to provide me with the opportunity to see if I would listen and obey. We were in the middle of Bible lesson when I noticed a student was getting upset. Tears had formed and slowly were going down the cheeks. We only had a little in the lesson left to finish, and I was faced with the decision: Do I finish my lesson or stop and minister to this child? I didn't want to stop but I yielded to God. I asked the child to come forward. I asked what was wrong, and the child told me,"I miss Mommy." Then I gave them a hug and asked the class if we could stop and pray that Jesus would comfort the child. Everyone prayed and that opened some little hearts to be compassionate and include that child to play. By the end of the day a new friendship was formed. Thank you Lord!!

Thank you Lord for breaking this planner apart into a person that embraces and now anticipates interruptions. Your ways are not only higher but better than mine!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment